Department of Romance Languages
CRC 1252 Prominence in Language
Luxemburger Str. 299, Room 2.03
Tel: (+49) 221 470-89912
Office hours: appointment by email
Education and degrees awarded:
- 2016-2017: Research Master (Mres) in Linguistics, Université de Genève, Geneva, Switzerland.
- 2010-2012: Master of Arts (MA) in English and French literature, Università degli studi di Palermo, Palermo, Italy.
- 2006-2009: Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Translation and Interpretation, ISTI (Institut Supérieur des traducteurs et interprètes, Brussels, Belgium.
Academic Work Experience:
- since July 2017: Associate researcher with Prof. Dr. Aria Adli at the SFB 1252 Prominence in Language, C01.
Working Fields and Research Interests:
- Information Structure
- Syntax-pragmatics interface
- Formal syntax
- From 01/12/18 to 15/12/18 in Barcelona, Spain. Data collection through story completion experiment.
- Cassarà, Alessia. 2018. The Sociolinguistic Lab goes to Sicily. Talk presented at the Cologne summer school on ‘Challenges and Opportunities for a Multilingual Society – Movement, Migration, Languages, Psychology, and Education. Cologne, August 2019.
- Cassarà, Alessia & Mürmann. Sophie. 2018. Role semantic parameters for Differentially Object Marking in Spanish and Italian. Talk presented in Kolloquium DOM in Spanish: diachronic change and synchronic variation. Zürich. June 2018.
- Cassarà, Alessia. 2018. Information structure, argument structure and sentence form in syntactic variation. Talk presented at a.r.t.e.s. Kolloquium. Cologne. May 2018.